MAN Cryo Lands World-First
MAN Cryo, part of MAN Energy Solutions and a leading expert in the field of storage and handling of LNG and natural gas, has announced the signing of a contract with Yantai CIMC Raffles Shipyard for the delivery of the fuel-gas supply systems (FGSSs) to a new series of two dual-fuel, 6,500 pure car carriers for Wallenius Marine on charter to Volkswagen.
Henrik Malm, Managing Director at MAN Energy Solutions, Sweden and Finland, said “This represents yet another world-first for MAN Cryo where the boil-off gas will be sent to the low methane-slip ME-GI via a high-pressure, boil-off-gas compressor. Due to the installed shaft generator, this further reduces the running hours on the auxiliary engines.”
The scope of delivery includes the following:
- port- and starboard-side bunkering stations
- LNG storage tank with a volume of 2,300 m3
- tank connection space with low-pressure vaporizer, BOG heater and two LNG pumps
- high-pressure gas-handling equipment for delivery of gas to MAN B&W ME-GI two-stroke main engine
- boil-off gas (BOG) management system, including one high-pressure compressor
- ·on-board nitrogen-generation system
- control system as well as gas-detection system.
The FGSSs for the vessels will be delivered during 2023.
About MAN Cryo
MAN Cryo offers systems for the storage, distribution and handling of liquefied gases and has a pioneering reputation within the marine sector and LNG business development. It supplied the world’s first LNG fuel-gas system for the ‘Glutra’ ferry in Norway in 1999, a vessel that is still operational to this day. More recently, in 2013, MAN Cryo supplied the world’s first bunker vessel, the ‘SeaGas’, with operations in Stockholm, Sweden.
PR MAN Cryo FGSS_EN
Trade Press Marine
Group Communications & MarktingMAN Energy SolutionsTeglholmsgade 412450 Copenhagen SVDenmarknils.email@example.com t +45 33 85 26 69
- DE ·