Working with us at MAN Energy Solutions Muscat
At MAN Energy Solutions Muscat you will discover a rewarding place where you can work and interact with a group of diverse people. We are a small team with dedication and commitment to grow together. Therefore, we are committed in providing excellent opportunities of growth and learning to our employees. With numerous training programs launched online and offline for our dynamic team, we ensure that our valued employees remain engaged and continually strengthen their skill-set. We have worked hard to create a performance-based culture where people accept challenge with commitment. In doing so, employees are growing in line with company’s growth.
Our state of the art workshop facility equipped with the latest machinery is fulfilling customer need, accordingly providing services ensuring less downtime and more profitability to our customers.
Current job opportunities
What you should know about us:
MAN Energy Solutions enables it customers to achieve sustainable value creation in the transition towards a carbon neutral future. Addressing tomorrow's challenges within the marine, energy and industrial sectors, we improve efficiency and performance at a systematic level. Leading the way in advanced engineering for more than 250 years, we provide a unique portfolio of technologies. Headquartered in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs some 15,000 people at over 120 sites globally. Our after sales brand, MAN PrimeServ offers a vast network of service centers to our customers all over the world.
We can offer you the following tasks:
This position is responsible to lead a team of people in managing the complete workshop setups, from planning to operations that includes but not limited to allocating workload and managing the day to day operations in the workshop. It requires the job holder to co-ordinate budget, resources and liaises with internal and external key contacts and customers to ensure work is delivered on time and to a quality standard as set out in objectives.
Detailed tasks specification:
- Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labour allocation for day to day operations.
- Co-ordinate resources, (operational and human) schedules and activities to effectively manage jobs.
- Ensure supplies are ordered for each job.
- Assist with quoting, project management, materials purchasing and quality checks.
- Ensure correct job numbers are used and that time records are correct.
- Provide oversight and check job estimates.
- Manage inward goods, checking quantities, dispatching goods and receipting invoices
- Regularly report progress on each job and quickly communicate delays or concerns with the MD. Report on manpower overruns or shortfalls.
- Act as a technical adviser on key projects and other areas of the business as requested.
- Work with the MD to respond to client’s requests for updates on the status of their jobs and keep the communication channels open to ensure information is accurate.
- Identify client’s needs and explain/demonstrate MDT services to them, which may involve technical descriptions of products and the way they may be used.
- Receive and review feedback from customers and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Work with the MD to investigate customer complaints and concerns arising from products and suggest appropriate solutions. Discuss with team to identify appropriate course of action.
- Develop and implement systems to record, file and store information pertaining to client enquiries.
- Identify staff that require on-going training and implement training opportunities to ensure their skills are improved. Work with apprentices and semi-skilled staff to role model appropriate technical skills.
- Provide feedback to staff that is not performing to the expected level and ensure human resources are informed of trends in performance.
- Promote a Health and Safety culture within the business.
- Documents the details of fault finding and diagnostics and decides upon corrective action.
- Hands-on supervision of all workshop activities whenever required, especially in mechanical aspects.
- Establish robust warranty procedures, documenting and monitoring use and expiry dates.
- Plan and coordinate the PMS and delegate specific tasks accordingly.
- Adopt a hands-on approach to all workshop activity, providing technical advice and training.
- Validate the use of spare parts and capture usage for future stock holding and cost capture.
- Monitor the quality and progress of repairs against the repair schedule.
- Assist with mechanical training and help mentor staff to assist in their development.
- Follow up on Sales teams in ME including Oman for business sustenance and growth.
- Visit customers for technical discussions and also identify and develop new opportunities with existing and new customers.
- Local coordination for other segment business in the country.
You can help us with these qualifications:
- Experience: A minimum of 8 years’ experience managing/leading a multi-cultural workshop team, preferably based in Africa or the Middle East.
- Very good oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to design and implement relevant systems that would underpin safe and efficient workshop operations.
- Track record of planning & delivering projects within agreed timescales.
- Well-honed leadership and management skills: an ability to delegate and motivate a team.
- Mechanically minded, able to problem solve and repair a whole host of equipment.
- Highly computer literate (Microsoft Office, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), etc). Excellent grasp of the English language: verbal and written.
- Exceptional judgment informed by extensive knowledge and experience.
- Innovative, inventive and analytical, able to pre-empt and resolve problems with alacrity: task and solution orientated.
- Agile, responsive and good under pressure. Safety conscious, with a good understanding of 5S and QHSE.
- Physically robust, able to operate in a harsh environment for long periods of time.
- Open minded to change, new ways of thinking and constructive criticism.
- Inclusive by nature, able to build rapport and command respect.
- ‘Authentic’ in leadership style: self-aware, ethical, and self-regulatory.
- A team orientated individual who is consistent in nature, with congenial personality.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals and groups.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- An ability to undertake complex work in a planned and systematic manner.
- Demonstrable leadership skills.
- Budgeting and relevant financial skills.
That is important to us:
Integrity and compliance are essential elements of our corporate culture. We firmly support diversity and equal opportunities and are therefore looking forward to receiving a diverse range of applications. Just click on "contact us" , share your CV and start your career with us.