Sustainable and cost effective solution for power generation applications
Benefit from MAN’s gas turbine with lowest lifecycle costs: The MGT6000. This enduring solution is the result of combining high fuel efficiency, high reliability, and a long mean time between overhauls. With CHP efficiencies of over 90%, the robust and long-lasting turbine is perfectly suited to power generation applications in the urban and industrial sector. Future proof designed with vast fuel flexibility and ultra-low emissions.
Our gas turbine MAN ExpertTalks 2021
Our experts have put together a webinar series for our gas turbines. Every month, we will provide you with exciting topics. At the latest two weeks before the individual webinar you are able to register for participation.
We would like to give you an overview of the upcoming topics:
- 26th May - Future Trends in Power Generation
- 23th June - Gas Turbines – Basics & Applications
- 28th July - Industrial CHP Applications – Engines & Gas Turbines
- 26th August - Gas Turbine Fuel Flexibility – Past, Present & Future
- 29th September - Gas Turbine Packaging Solutions
- 27th October - Advanced CHP Applications
- 24th November - Cost of Ownership
- 15th December - Gas Turbine Thermodynamics & Cycles
Upcoming MAN ExpertTalks
Gas Turbine Fuel Flexibility – Past, Present & Future
In this MAN ExpertTalk we will present our MAN’s approach to fuel flexibility. This entails an overview over the different types of gaseous fuels, but also dual fuel technologies and capabilities. Hydrogen will have an important place in the presentation, with an emphasis on short- and mid-term solutions and an outlook on long-term technologies.Go to recording
MGT gas turbine package
The MGT6000 single-shaft gas turbine has an electrical power output of up to 7.8 MW and is designed especially for the demands of industrial uses and utilities. The perfect match of electrical power and exhaust heat lead to highest efficiencies in electricity, hot water, steam and/or cold generation.
- Environmentally friendly and future proof solution due to fuel flexibility (incl. hydrogen readiness) and ultra low emissions
- Modular and flexible standard design for optimum adaptation to customer needs with fast and easy erection and commissioning.
- High availability due to robust design with longest maintenance cycles in the market
- Global after sales presence providing excellent care for gas turbine unit through comprehensive service partnership
Turbine specifications - MGT6000-1S
The MGT6000 gas turbine is a heavy-duty, single-shaft turbine with an 11-stage air compressor, six multi-can combustion chambers, ACC combustors, a three-stage turbine.
- Planetary gear type
- Speed reduction to 1,500 rpm (for 50Hz) or 1,800 rpms (for 60Hz)
- Drive for main lube oil pump
- Torque transmission of electric starter motor for gas turbine start-up
- 4 pole, 3 phase, synchronous generator with built-in exciter, rotating rectifier and permanent magnet pilot generator (PMG)
- Direct air cooled
- Insulation class F / temperature rise class B